Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Climbing Girnar Hills


I woke up at the Leo Resort and had an urge to take a walk. No real intention was set I just felt I needed to walk. I met several interesting people as I walked up the road and as I continued to walk I found myself feeling more and more like the people looking at me were seeing their first glance at an American. I continued walking and then found myself climbing a staircase made of stone. Then I noticed that every hundred steps or so the steps were numbered and realized I was climbing Girnar Hills. I took this as heavens suggestion that it was now my next challenge and so I kept taking another step. Though I was a bit sick with a mild fever I decided I would never be able to live with myself if I didn't climb to the top. Something inside of me suggested I remove my shoes and refrain from drinking until reaching the top, and so I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment